I'm excited about this find, as it's something I've been searching for our 8th grader to do on his own. I'll let English Grammar 101 describe their program to you (the following text is from their site):
- English Grammar 101 is an online instructional series for language arts classes, alternative education settings, home schooling, individual study, and ESL courses. The series provides step-by-step instruction directed toward student performance goals. The series includes six units that represent an equivalent of 100 hours of classroom instruction. It is recommended that students have reading skills at the sixth grade or higher.
English Grammar 101 incorporates 6-12 content standards found in most states and districts. As an example, the series addresses the new California State Board Adopted Standards in English Language Arts: Written and Oral English Language Conventions, Grades 9-10, Section 1.0 with subsections 1.1, 1.2, and the writing portions of 1.3 (Grades 11-12 are similar).
The series can be further described as follows:
- Instruction is system designed based on student performance goals
- Instruction is designed for self-paced, individualized, step-by-step learning
- Pretest and Posttests are provided for each unit with all work automatically graded
- Students receive immediate feedback of responses with scores
- Materials are formatted for easy access and use
- Students can login from school, home, or anywhere on the Internet
- Students learn concepts and experience the language at the same time
2nd Note: To access the free lesssons, go to this page, and view the left sidebar. Click on plus signs (+) to view the individual lessons for each unit.
Thank you, Mrs. B., for sharing this high quality, 100% free educational find with us! Do you have one to share with us, too? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to FreelyEducate here
Keep up with FreelyEducate tweets (Twitter) here: @freelyeducate