Again, I'm sharing one of our family's favorite sites.
Classics for Kids is a kid-friendly website that teaches children about, well, classical music.
Each month, a different classical composer is highlighted. This month: Johannes Brahms
Each week, a different score of music is highlighted through a weekly "radio" show. This week: Hungarian Dancing
From the introduction on the Classics for Kids website:
This site is designed to help you introduce your child to classical music. Music not only has the power to stimulate the mind, enrich the heart and soothe the soul; it can help children to think more creatively, develop craftsmanship and discipline and learn the value of excellence.
What is available at the Classics for Kids website? Here is just a sample:
- Lessons plans for K-5th are available for certain composers.
- Games, including Compose Your Own Music (our children's favorite on the site)
- A weekly radio show, based on the current month's composer's music
- Music selections from various classical composers
- An interactive chart of Instruments of the Orchestra
We posted this high quality, 100% free educational find almost a year ago, and I'd nearly forgotten about it, so thank you to Nicole Jobson for reminding us of it this week!
Subscribe to FreelyEducate here
Keep up with FreelyEducate tweets (Twitter) here: @freelyeducate
Have a resource to share or a giveaway to donate? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org